Recently some Ladies gathered for a Regency Clothing
making workshop, with Susan Noakes
to prepare for the 1812
"Whispers of War" Grand Ball
A Short Stay made by Nancy Spilka
of "Custom Costumes"
a "Moppet" (by Susan Noakes)
Period Dress by Susan Noakes
of: "Dispatches 2012 Project"
- Of a' the airts the wind can blaw,
- I dearly like the west,
- For there the bonnie lassie lives,
- The lassie I lo'e best:
- There wild woods grow, and rivers row,
- And monie a hill between;
- But day and night may fancy's flight
- Is ever wi' my Jean.
- I see her in the dewy flowers,
- I see her sweet and fair:
- I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
- I hear her charm the air:
- There's not a bonnie flower that springs
- By fountain, shaw, or green;
- There's not a bonnie bird that sings,
- But minds me o' my Jean.
- Robert Burns
The Mousiekin "Ladies" are busy preparing their dresses for the
1812 "Mou-centennial" Ball
Read more here: